Saturday, May 9, 2009

Schools out for the Summa'



Well...he did it. Brig passed all his classes this semester and we couldn't be more relieved. Last semester with the wedding plans and everything it got a little chaotic and he was racing to get stuff done during finals. He got great grades and we were excited for next semester when things would be calmer. Yeah right. This semester was dang hard for him and he stayed after school almost everyday and said this was the hardest semester so far. He did some pretty cool things, like build his own radio and make a digital countdown clock. I had no idea what he was talking about when he explained physics to me and one day came home with his theory on blackholes...(my eyes just glazed over while he tried to make me understand..didn't work) But it's all over now and he has two weeks of vacation before going back to summer school. He is not very pleased with this, but i promised him vacations this summer so he won't be too miserable.


We both are working at restaurants right now, so we kind of have a little competition on the weekends to see who can bring home the most tips. all in good fun, but the urmston in me gets way upset when he wins and he tries to tell me that he'll give me some of his money so we tie. This reminded me of the time when we played the chocolate bar game with his family. The one where you have socks on your hands and eat a piece of chocolate bar before someone rolls sixes or something. Well, we played with his family and brig for the life of him could not get a piece. Well his mom decided to deliberately not roll the right numbers so he could get a piece(the difference between his family and mine) I was so mad that he didn't play right and still got a piece of chocolate. Insignificant i know, but if you have a competitive streak in you, like every Urmston, you know why i was mad. Tonight in Pocatello, we have Idaho State Graduation and Prom for three high schools, so we will who does better. (Probably him, but a girl can dream)
Also on Monday starts my new job as the head of the preschool curriculum at A Beautiful Child in Pocatello. I'm way excited both for teaching again and not having to work graveyard shift anymore. I need some sun in my life. so if anyone has any ideas on how to run a preschool let me know. Especially songs that you know or have made up...it would help a ton!


1 comment:

Dean and Maryellen said...

It sounds to me like you are a very successful couple. Enjoy this time of your life. It is hard, but it is beautiful. Congratulations Brigham.