Sunday, May 18, 2008

California here i come.

oh my gosh!!!! i cannot stand the excitement i have right now! I am finally GOING HOMEEEEEEE! I am so stoked..six days in the glorious heat and disgusting air i call home. I was always so excited to get away from Bakersfield but i really do miss it. I miss seeing all the "short man syndrome" raised trucks and smelling the cow poop filled air at night. I love walking across the street bare foot to get the mail and pretending it isn't scalding my skin. I love the palm trees and the pools. I love driving to the east side and remembering all the fun times i had over there. I love seeing my high school (has it REALLY been two years since i graduated??) I love coming home..i love my neighborhood, i love my friends, i love seeing my family. I love going to church in Bakersfield...Utah church is sooooo different. I seriously cannot wait...i am already packed and waiting to leave is going to be horrible. I come home Thursday and it really is not soon enough. I feel so ridiculous being this excited but everytime i think of coming home my stomach gets nervous and I want to put everything in the car and just take off. I should probably stop now, i feel a little obsessive, but i don't even care. I am so excited( i should probably find another word to use) Anyway i am ending this, but be excited...COURTNEY'S COMING HOME(along with her friend Brigham) See ya soon.
You Stay Classy Bakersfield

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I am coming home too Courtney!! It'll be fun to see you in Bakersfield!

Amy Coontz said...

I wish I was going to Bakersfield!

The Potter Pack said...

Hey you ... so good to hear from you !! Glad to know you are doing well - cute boyfriend !! Tell your family hello when you go home and keep in touch !!

Dean and Maryellen said...

Your explanation of Bakersfield brought back memories for me. Most important part of bakersfield is family. We miss you all.
Grandma