Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Update and General Conference


so nothing really is happening lately. Brigham's brother gets married next weekend and we get to go to Idaho again for that. I am making their sign-in book like a scrap book so if anyone knows any good scrapbooking websites...let me know!! ( i need some serious help, i only have a week left. I'll post pictures soon) Also next week I get to go to two mission reunions, I'm assuming it's better than a High School Reunion. School is going okay, sometimes(all the time) i wish i was done and i could finally get the job i want. I'll be done with my associates next semester which is good and i hope I can finally come home for summer!!
Anyway, the reason i wrote today was mainly because General Conference is this weekend. general Conference to me always used to be a break from church. I could watch tv in my pajamas and finish homework i needed to do. Moving to Salt Lake has completely changed my view of General Conference. Last year i got to attend Sunday Sessions and be around thousands of members of the church. It was an amazing experience. The best/worst part of it was coming out and going into the conference building. I was so upset seeing the people screaming profanities about the gospel. I was so upset, so angry. I wanted to scream back at all these people saying horrible things about the prophet, the church, the "Mormons." When i thought I was going to lose it, i heard bagpipes playing church music. I looked around and saw a man standing by one of these horrible sign holders, playing "Praise to the Man," with his bagpipes, fully clothed in his Scottish garb(?) I couldn't help but calm down and while trying to not cry, thank him for what he was doing. He just smiled and kept on playing, the whole time drowning out the sounds of the horrible people. When they tried to yell louder, he played louder. It was an amazing sight to see.
I am so thankful to live where i do. To have the opportunity to drive by the Temple everyday. The other day, while driving in the car, I was stopped right in front of the Temple and i thought to myself, i really take for granted living here. there are historical church sites all around me, i see the Temple, Conference Center and other sites everyday. It's beautiful and i love living here. (I never thought I would say i love living in Utah)
I'm excited for conference, I didn't get tickets this year, but i will be out there. General Conference is different for me know. There is so much good that comes from what our leaders say. Well, i should probably get back to class(sorry mom :) ) Love you all!!

2 comments:

Zach and Stacie said...

Cute picture...are you going to Conference? Let me know if you are. I have never been.

Dean and Maryellen said...

I also love conference. I look forward to hearing who are new Apostle will be and who will have the great opportunity to serve in the PResidency with Pres. HIckley. I truly love these great men that the Lord has chosen to lead his church. Always great to hear their counsel. Hang in there, this time will be gone and you will say where did that time go.
love you, Grandma