Thursday, March 12, 2009

idaho...no Udaho

thank you urban outfitters for that classy t-shirt saying. Well a little update on our little life. Marriage is great...they say the first year is the hardest and twice as hard if you are pregnant. Thank the lord I'm not. Despite getting used to living together and having to deal with fun newly wed changes such as not touching some one's feet when they are sleeping and learning to cook for someone who's favorite dinner is Hamburger Helper (really?? because I've never had hamburger helper in my life) it's great. We are having lots of fun and i find new things about him every day that i have come to love. Brigham is doing AMAZING is school, which makes both of our lives easier. We are totally different students though. He always seems to have homework and i try to tell him to do your homework in the next class and that classes homework in the class after that, but apparently some people actually listen to college professors. Guess i better jump on that boat (which I'm trying to do asap!) We live in a (insert adjective here)apartment/house/triplex that we are still getting used to since we only have five minutes of hot water per shower and as my dad so kindly put it "anyone who is taller than me is going to have a hard time on that toilet" (you have to sit to the side) but i know it will be great memories, but for now i long for a steaming shower. Especially since it's STILL snowing. come on mother nature...pretty sure we were supposed to have spring three weeks ago. The Idahoans say it gets soooooo hot in the summer(please...90 is not hot) but i also freeze at 60 so there we go. Other than that...despite all my complaining I love being married to Mr. Brigham, but i still sometimes wake up feeling like i am supposed to be back in salt lake and on my way to Challenger. It's funny, but sometimes unnerving. And although i love it here..i cannot WAIT to go to California in two weeks for Leo Carrillo. Brigham is sooo mad that he can't go, but i promised him i would call him every night and let him know how much sun i got. (Hopefully that doesn't jinx me and it rains the whole time) but even if it does, i still will be breathing that Malibu air and i cannot wait!!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

glad to hear about married life bliss. glad to ALSO hear that I'm not the only one freaked out by your rubbing-the-feet-together thing that you do to put youself to sleep! haha.

Can't wait for Leo Carillo! Jared won't be there the whole week so be ready for a flash back to the old days, I hope you remember our "have i done any good" song!

I love you Shnee.

stephani said...

I love your posts Court. You make me smile. I'm glad you guys are so happy! Let's hang out sometime!

JOY said...

Can't wait to see you at Leo!

Candice Lynn said...

Hey, sister! Glad things are going well. I can't WAIT for the beach and to see you. I heard there may be job changes, but I hope you can still do the family vacation-I'll donate some $$$ to a plane ticket for you-seriously.

Shelly said...

We spent our first four years of married life in Pocatello, too! The reason Idahoans think they have hot summers is that NOBODY has air conditioning! But whatever; just find some fun friends and someday you'll look back on this as the good ole days!

M said...

courtney! i'm glad you guys are doing so well. the adjustments and ***apartments make for good memories! i miss you.

Sami Antha said...

Hey Cuz! I don't remember the last time I commented you. What a pretty wedding photo up there. I'm glad you're doing well. And take me with you to Cali! I'm only one state away!!

Elise said...

Courtney I love reading your blogs they are so funny!! I think I like the part about Challenger the best...haha it sort of grabs hold of ya and never lets go, I feel like I'll be there till I'm Betty's age! But wait no I'm going to ask Chase to put me out of my misery before we ever get that desperate ugh!! haha...Sounds like you are doing good!!