Monday, September 15, 2008

A Plane, A Pool and a Ring

it's been one day since i have flown back from Bakersfield back to a life of work and monotony. I hated leaving, i love seeing my family and friends and my freaking cute niece and nephew. I thought i was going home to see my brother talk in church, my family and maybe some friends. I had no idea that coming to home meant i would have to answer a question that i had no idea was going to be asked. It all started with Brigham coming down from Idaho to fly home with me. I left work a little early to get everything together and was so excited all day to see him. He called and told me he was in salt lake and asked if we could go on a picnic. I thought he was crazy. i mean we had a flight to catch..what was he thinking? I told him i was sorry but that we didn't have time. I was almost ready to go when he asked me again if we could go on a picnic...now this time we had an hour before we had to board our flight. I told him it was important that we were to the airport early so we don't miss our flight. He got pretty quiet and remained so the whole trip home. I was so confused...why in the world would we go on a picnic? We arrived home and the next day went over to Mom and Dads to go swimming. He went upstairs to change and when i came out of the bathroom heard him calling me. I told him to come downstairs becaue i didn't know what he needed. He said he needed to show me something so i ran up and he was standing in the middle of the hall. Now, this kid does some pretty weird things sometimes, but this was weird, i asked him what he was doing and he smiled at me and told me he was going to ask me to marry him. I. being my ever so patient self told him to "Shut up, you are not. Let's go swimming." Well, he wasn't lying. He got down on his knees and asked me to marry him with the most gorgeous ring ever. I had no idea what to do or say, literally i just stood there and then he asked me if i was going to say yes. Finally i came to my senses and said yes and then screamed for my mom to come upstairs. (which by the way, i was sick and had no voice so screaming was very difficult and sounded ridiculous) So now i have a ring, a fiance and a wedding come up in June. I am SOOOOOO excited. I have planned my wedding since i was interested in boys...so pretty much the day i was born. Brigham is so wonderful and i love him like crazy. He is way too good to me and i can't wait to be married in the temple to him. Countdown begins now!!!!
My Gorgeous Ring(sorry it's blurry)

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations Courtney!! I'm so excited for you!!!

LeslieK said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! You better send me an invite! Congrats!!!

SAS said...

Congrats! What a fun thing to finally plan and look forward to! It was fun to see you for a quick minute on Sunday--so that's why you were glowing!!!

Stake Camp Directors said...

We love you and very happy for you. Love the mom and dad

Urmston Family said...

We are so happy for you and so excited. Let us know what we can do to help.

Dean and Maryellen said...

We love Brigham. Always thought he was the right one for you. We love you and keep blogging so we know what is happening. Thanks for waiting until June so we can be there. YOur ring is beautiful
Grandma

Candice Lynn said...

Your ring looks gold in this picture. Hmmm...PS-the Heidi the Whore got new shoes!

Zach and Stacie said...

courtney...it took awhile, but i am so happy for you both. i love brigham and i love you (more). I need to come visit you and start helping you with this wedding! love you.

M said...

holy moly! i'm so happy for you!! the ring is beautiful too- good job brigham. :)

Lindsey said...

Shnee! What an exciting time!! Congrats! You deserve only the best :)

Shelly said...

Awesome! I think both he and you have picked winners!
Love ya!

Kelsey said...

I am so mad I had to stalk you in order to get the details on how this all went down! I love you miss, and I can just imagine exactly how you would say "shut up, you are not." I will be in town to help with EVERYTHING so please utilize mah skillz. I love you girl, and I am SO incredibly happy for you.